I was nominated for a LIEBSTER AWARD!!!!! Thank you so much to Lyndsey, @shoegal1982 http://www.glitterinmyveins.co.uk
She has a fantastic new blog, which I absolutely recommend you check out.
I haven’t been blogging for that long, so I wasn’t sure what this award was. After reading a bit about it, it seems a great way for bloggers to get to know other bloggers and a great way for you to get your blog out there.
I love blogging, but its taking time to get followers and for my reader figures to rise. Although I’m writing for me because I enjoy it, I also would be happy if I got more followers and if more people read my posts.
So, a quick review of what The Liebster Award is, and the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions you have been asked from the blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and set them 11 questions to answer. *
* Of the bloggers I have nominated, most I can see have under 200 followers, though some blogs do not show their numbers. They are all fabulous blogs that I love though.
Some random facts about me:
1. I had the most amazing Wedding to my soul mate last year.
2. I work with Autistic children and love it.
3. If I could only live of one food for the rest of my life, I’d choose chocolate.
4. I love the smell of bacon, but not the taste as much.
5. No matter how many times I’ve tried I can’t make a good brownie.
6. I love cats and don’t like dogs.
7. I worked in Thailand for 2 years and loved it.
8. I travelled around Mexico for 3 months and loved it.
9. I have 2 brothers who are both very clever.
10. I don’t get on with my sister in law. (sadly)
11. I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate and reading chick lit books. (hence my blog name).
Now to answer Lyndsey’s questions to me:
1. The Starbucks drink of my choice is an Americano. (though occasionally I indulge in a hot chocolate!).
2. I started blogging because I always liked to write in school, I was inspired by other bloggers, and its a great way to ‘get my thoughts out’.
3. I am a night owl far more than a morning bird, although I don’t like to stay up to late or I tend to waste the next day.
4. My favourite ever film is Anne of Green Gables. I just love it and chuckle everytime I hear “Could you please call me Cordelia?”
And the quote from her teacher – “Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it”. Fabulous.
5. The one make up item I can’t do without is powder. (I have oily skin).
6. My favourite childhood memory is Christmas day with my Mum, Dad and 2 brothers. That doesn’t happen anymore. Presents, breakfast, more presents, lunch, play, tv, chocolate. PERFECT.
7. My celebrity crush is Cristano Ronaldo! 8. My dream holiday destination would be India, (Probably Goa, then travel round a bit). 9. Out of Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte, I would be Charlotte, quieter, loyal, a bit prudish!
10. If I could change something about myself it would be my chattiness. I would love to be able to talk more in social situations. I feel I am far too quiet. I envy those who can walk into a room and instantly have great conversations with anyone.
11. My biggest regret is……. actually to painful to write about. Sorry. :- (
Now, here are my questions for you…… I look forward to reading your answers.
1. Sweet or savoury?
2. What made you start blogging?
3. Cats or dogs?
4. Who is your favourite author?
5. Tell me one interesting fact about you?
6. Who would be your 3 ideal dinner guests, (dead, alive, famous or not)?
7. What would you serve them?
8. What’s your all time favourite tv show?
9. What’s your ideal date?
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
11. Tell me 2 of your favourite bloggers?
I hope those questions are ok, I look forward to reading your answers.
And finally the fabulous Bloggers that I nominate:
1. Verity at Verityreadsbooks.wordpress.com @WildeV
2. Clare at Abookandtea.wordpress.com @ABookandTea
3. thereadersroost.wordpress.com @thereadersroost
4. Katy at Notwedordead.com @notwedordead
5. Charlene at firstname.lastname@example.org @hellosweety26
6. Cara at carawritesstuff.wordpress.com @carawritesstuff
7. Jill at email@example.com @jillstratton
8. Carly at carlyblogshere.BlogSpot.co.uk @carlyblogshere
9. Laura at lollylovesx.com @LollyLovesx
10. Bee at bibliobeereader.wordpress.com @BeeReader
11. Susi at readingbetweenthewinesblog.com @Read_Wine_Blog
I love all of your blogs, and look forward to reading the answers that you give and the many more posts that you blog about.
Thank you for reading and taking part. I hope you enjoy as much as I did.
Goodbye for now, till next time……