Thank you to Broke and Bookish for hosting this Top Ten Tuesday post. I don’t post with this every Tuesday, but today I’m joining in.
The topic today is Top Ten Hyped Books I’ve Never Read.
So, I will start off with the MOST HYPED book I know, and I’m sure many of you will be aghast to know that I haven’t read….
1. HARRY POTTER! No, not any of them, haven’t seen the films either!
Maybe I will one day, but….. I just haven’t read them yet!
2. Red Queen. – This has had lots of reviews and been spoken about loads on Twitter over the past while. The cover looks great, and I probably will read it at some point. But… I just haven’t read it yet!
3. The Hunger Games. – I have seen the first 2 films and loved them, still awaiting seeing the latest film. But haven’t gotten around to the books. I have heard that the books are better than the films, and I do believe this. But … I just haven’t read them yet.
4. The Fault in Our Stars. – No not this one either! This one doesn’t really tickle my fancy, I think it will be a sad read and I want my reading escapism to be happy or exciting or romantic or thrilling, definitely not sad. I won’t be reading this one at all.
5. The Book Thief – This one I am surprised at myself for, because the reviews have been raving. Also, I love the title and I love the film. I am so sure that I will love this book, but…I just haven’t read it yet!
6. The Girl On The Train. – I think I didn’t read this at the time because there was so much hype about it. I read loads of reviews, mostly glowing. So, this is still on my tbr list. But…. I just haven’t read it yet!
7. The Perks of Being A Wallflower.– I was a late finder with this one. I missed the hype when it was big. I think because it must be such a great book, the hype has stuck with this one. So, I will read this at some point. But….I just haven’t read it yet!
8. Gone Girl. – I like the sound of this book. The reviews I have read have been mixed, but I still think I will give it a chance. I was actually speaking to my local librarian about this book, as it was at the front of the library as one of their recommended books. But she herself just wasn’t getting into it. Mixed reactions, I guess. Opinions appreciated on this one? I think I will keep it on my tbr list. But…I just haven’t read it yet!
9. Any Books by Rainbow Rowell! I know this is terrible!! I know from reviews and much book chat that she is an amazing Author. As a bookblogger, I should be ashamed of myself. I am!! However, I recently won a competition to chose any book ( that had been reviewed on the site) that I wanted to be sent to me from Book Depository. I chose Landline and it has arrived and is sitting looking pretty on my shelf. I need to read this, but….I just haven’t read it yet!
10. Fifty Shades of Grey. – I have a feeling that this might be on quite a few bloggers and readers list!??? Am I right? Very hyped up, but actually I haven’t read that many good reviews for it. I hasn’t been on my tbr list before, and I think it will be staying of it. I think it would be an ok read, but there are too many great reads to read first. I may read it at some point in my life…maybe?? But….I just haven’t read it yet!
So, there are my 10 hyped books that I just haven’t read yet! Some I will read, some I won’t. Have you read any of these? Do you recommend that I read any particular? And what books haven’t you read that are hyped up. I’d love to hear from you.