Now that summer is (supposed to be) here, and we have a delicious supply of strawberries around us, I decided to try some new recipes for the wonderful fruits.
STRAWBERRY AND MINT GRANITA – A REFRESHING DESSERT, TREAT OR PALATE CLEANSER.
100g Sugar (Caster or granulated)
450g Strawberries hulled and halfed.
Mint leaves to taste. (I used about 20 leaves).
1. Put the sugar and 100ml of water into a saucepan and gently heat, stir until the sugar is dissolved, don’t let it boil.
2. Tip the strawberries into the food processor and blend to a puree.
3. Pour the strawberries into the sugar water, then add the mint leaves.
4. Heat up the mixture and let it simmer for thicken slightly.
5. Once the mixture is thickened, strain it through a sieve to take out any seeds or leaves.
6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
7. Pour into a container and freeze for 1 hour, rake the mixture with a fork, then put it back into the freezer.
8. Repeat this for 4 hours, until it becomes slushy.
9. Serve in a glass with a sprig of mint.
A DELICIOUS SUMMER RECIPE, PACKED WITH A LOVELY FRESH TASTE.
If you make this or have already made this, I’d love to hear from you.
I found this recipe in Good Food Magazine, so thanks go to them for sharing the recipe with me.
If you have any delicious recipes for strawberries, or particular favourite summer recipes, please let me know in the comments below.