Tag Archives: brownies
A tough-cookie media agent who’s clawed her way to the top, and a con-man who wants to open a cookery school. Add in a washed-up celebrity chef whose career needs re-building…
An ageing rock star fresh from rehab, and a Sloane Ranger food writer who gets her own TV show…
I decided to do some baking yesterday, and as you may know my Hubby is on a severely strict diet at the moment. We are trying to follow the FODMAP diet.
I found this recipe, via this link:
|150 g||Dark Chocolate|
|100 g||Gluten Free Plain Flour|
|100 g||Chopped Hazelnuts OR Walnuts (optional)|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Gently melt together the butter and chocolate.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
4. Beat in the eggs followed by the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
5. Stir in the nuts if used. (I didn’t use nuts as I didn’t have any). FODMAP says no cashews too!
6. Pour into 200 x 250mm/8″x10″ oiled and lined baking dish.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 22/25 minutes.
I put mine in the fridge once it had cooled and put some melted chocolate on top of it.
Cut into slices before serving.
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE MADE SUCCESSFUL LOOKING BROWNIES AND THEY ARE GLUTEN FREE!!! GO ME!!!
Next time, I will make them with some nuts in. Let me know if you are a whizz at making brownies. I would love to hear about your experiences or if you have any great recipes that are Fodmap friendly or gluten free.
Apologies for the not so great photos in this post. I wasn’t intending to blog about it, but it is so delicious, I thought I would share.