This weeks Top Ten Tuesday is all about Inspiring Quotes from Books. It will be quotes that inspire, challenge, encourage or make you think……and all from books.
I have seen these posts around a lot and I love reading them. This is the first time I have participated in Top Ten Tuesday. This is originally the idea of and hosted by ‘The Broke and Bookish‘, and a lovely way to share bookish thoughts with like minded people.
1. “Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it” – Anne Shirley from ‘Anne of GreenGables’ by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
Something I always remember when I’m having a bad day. I love Anne!
2. “Just because you can’t see the stage, doesn’t mean you can’t dance on it” – Aubrey from ‘Blue Sun, Yellow Sky’ by Jamie Jo Hoang. Amazing book with so many greatquotes, see my review of it here: http://wp.me/p4CHeD-d2
3. I’m going to take another quote from this book because I loved it so much, and found it inspirational.
“Everything that’s broken was beautiful at one time. And our mistakes make us better people”. Aubrey – ‘Blue Sun, Yellow Sky’ This book really is fantastic and I can’t rave about it enough.
4. ” I don’t feel very much like Pooh today” said Pooh.
“There, there” said Piglet, “I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do”
Pooh and Piglet, – Winnie the Pooh, by A A Milne.
The ultimate children’s book of unconditional friendship.
5. “A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeam and you will always look lovely.” – ‘The Twits’, by Roald Dahl.
Children’s books sometimes give the loveliest and truest quotes don’t they?
As a learning assistant in a special needs school, I am so aware that we need to raise the confidence and education of our kids. This comes with praise, fun and trust.
7.“You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact thatthey’re not” – Jodi Picoult, My Sisters Keeper.
This was the first Jodi Picoult book that I read, and it got me hooked to Picoult’s writing. There are always morals to her books. I love them.
8.“Extraordinary thigs are always hiding in places people never think to look”, Jodi Picoult, ‘My Sister’s Keeper’.
Another great quote from Picoult, if you haven’t read any of her books, then I strongly recommend that you do.
9. “Life isn’t finding shelter in the storm. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Acheron.
Actually I haven’t heard of this book, but I do really like the quote. When I googled to see where the quote came from, this came up? If anyone knows of this book, I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I just love the quote.
This is one of the first quotes and pictures I used when I started this blog, so it is quite dear to me.
10. “You have been my friend and that itself is a tremendous thing”. Charlottes Web, by E.B. White.
What a lovely quote, because after all love and friendship is what should make us happy, even when all else is collapsing or when you have all the money / job / possessions – love and friendship is what is most important. (I think anyway).
Well, my first Top Ten Tuesday is done, I hope to do more of these in the future. If you liked these quotes, please let me know and if you have any of your own I would love to hear them.