2. I read and reviewed a few of my own books first, then when my blog was a bit more established I found that the requests from authors and publishers came in naturally. Through talking to other bloggers, I found I can link up and join book tours and authors have come to me, which is amazing!
3. I follow other bookbloggers and read and comment on their blogs. It keeps up my enthusiasm and apart from finding new fabulous blogs to read, I have made blogging like minded friends. This makes it even more enjoyable.
4. I joined Netgalley, which was a great find. Lots of books to browse, request, read and review.
5. I can be honest in my reviews, I’m not afraid not to write any negative things.But it has to be tactful. What I don’t like, others may like. Usually though, if I finish a book there will be plenty of positive things to write about it.
6. Work with the authors, the authors want us to love their books and I want to love them. If I write good honest reviews, then it seems the authors appreciate it. I love it when authors comment on the reviews I have written on their books.
7. Twitter chats #bookbloggers 7 – 8 pm Tuesday, this chat is fantastic. Its my favourite, you get to meet other bookbloggers and share your love of it. Photo below and host of #bookbloggers chat is: @BookBlogChat
8. I used to get a bit disheartened with the numbers. I have learnt not to worry too much about them. I still love to get a new blog follower and lots of views. But I love to write it, and as long as some people read, comment and like my posts, then that’s ok. I am pleased to say this though:
9. I enjoy blogging, if I stop enjoying it,then there’s no point. If I get to the stage when I need a break or I stop enjoying it then I will take a break. But since blogging, I have found a hobby that I really enjoy. I can read, write and interact with like minded people while doing it.
10. I think in blogging, you have to be yourself. I can be myself here, tell you my love of chick lit books. And if you don’t agree with me, then thats ok. Its my blog!
Thanks for reading my blog, are you a blogger? Do you have any great tips or anything you can share that you have learnt? Or do you just enjoy reading blogs? What do you like best? Let me know, I’d love to hear from you.